Now students and teachers have a mechanism for teaching others about Mississippi people’s history, beyond the headlines.
- Personal diaries and letters.
- Newspapers articles.
- Fliers and commemorative brochures.
- Oral history interviews.
The pins can include photos of sites of historic note that you walk by every day and stories from people in your community.
What History Should I Pin?
Highlight a story in Mississippi history, with a preference for stories that are not well known and that reflect the role that every day people play in shaping this country.
While the emphasis will be on stories and images posted by Mississippi students and teachers, the project page is open for anyone in the world who would like to post.
How Can I Pin a Photo or Story?
It is very easy to add content to the map. Here is how:
- Create a Historypin profile for yourself, your classroom, or your organization
- Check out the How-To Guides to get familiar with Historypin.
- Go to the Mississippi project page and click on “Pin your memories.”